Conor McGregor Settles Lawsuit For Smashing Phone
Conor McGregor has reportedly settled the lawsuit against him, for smashing up a fan’s phone in Miami last month.
TMZ Sports has reported that 22 year-old Ahmed Abdirzak has dropped the charges against McGregor. Which is likely because a settlement agreement has been made.
Despite the lawsuit being dropped, and the charges being reduced from being a felony charge for criminal mischief and for strong arm robbery, to a misdemeanour and robbery by sudden snatching (which you can read more about here), McGregor is still could face up to six years in prison.
McGregor is scheduled to attend a hearing on tomorrow (April 10th), to settle his newly reduced charges.
This report comes out the same day as news has broke that McGregor is alleged to have punched a man in the face, on Saturday night in a pub in Dublin.
One source, according to The Mirror, said that the Irish man was provoked by someone in the pub saying to him, “The Russian battered you”. Referring to Khabib Nurmagomedov.
In a statement to The Irish Mirror, a Gardaí (Irish police) spokesperson said: “Gardaí are investigating an incident at a pub in Drimnagh, Dublin on April 6, 2019. No arrests have been made. Investigations are ongoing.”
We will keep you updated with both stories.