Matrix Fight Night: Photo Gallery
Matrix Fight Night turned out to be the biggest MMA event to be held in India. Emanating from the NSCI Stadium in Mumbai, 14 professional fighters tussled in what was an exciting evening of fast-paced, high-voltage action. From come-from-behind wins to monumental upsets, it was an evening the Indian MMA fans will not forget for some time.
The biggest talking point from the evening was Rajinder Singh Meena’s loss to Srikanth Sekhar. The former ONE Championship fighter, who picked up an upset win in 2018 — thus laying the foundations for more Indian fighters to follow suit — tapped out in the very first round. Meena had trouble making weight a day before the event, and looked sluggish from the outset. In the main event, Sandeep Dahiya was completely outclassed in the first round, only for the welterweight to knock out his opponent in the following round.
Here is a quick recap of the results:
- Dhruv Chaudhary defeated Pawan Goyat via unanimous decision
- Amit Raj defeated Vijay Saini by Submission (Triangle Choke) in the first round
- Vikas Ruhil defeated Rakesh Ahlawat by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) in the first round
- Raghavendra Singh defeated Sachin Panwar due to Doctor Stoppage in the third round
- Srikant Sekhar defeated Rajinder Meena by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) in the first round
- Seth Rosario defeated Pardeep Kumar by Submission (Triangle Choke) in the second round
- Sandeep Kumar Dahiya defeated Abhishek Rana by KO in the second round
Here are the weigh-in images.
Photos from the Matrix Fight Night.