PFL 2019 Playoffs 1 Results
PFL 2019, Playoffs 1 was eventful to say the least. From last minute changes to Christopher Curtis’s rather forgettable evening, there were a lot of talking points. In the main event, David Michaud won a hard-fought majority decision, beating Glaico Franca in one of the welterweight semi-finals.
In the co-main event, Ray Cooper III defeated Chris Curtis by knockout, in the second welterweight semi-finals. Curtis had earlier lost in the evening to Magomed Magomedkerimov by unanimous decision, and proceeded to announce his retirement. However, he was later given the chance to step-in as a last-minute replacement for the Russian. Unfortunately for Curtis, who showed exceptional courage and fortitude, it wasn’t meant to be. After the lost, he announced that he would be retiring for good.
Kayla Harrison too faced a new opponent at the last minute (not for the first time), but quickly breezed past Bobbi Jo Dalziel to punch her ticket in the women’s lightweight final.
Here are the results from PFL 2019, Playoffs 1.
Main Card (ESPN2)
- David Michaud def. Glaico Franca via majority decision (28-28, 29-28, 29-28) – welterweight semifinal
- Ray Cooper III def. Chris Curtis via knockout (punches) – Round 2, 0:11 – welterweight semifinal
- Kayla Harrison def. Bobbi Jo Dalziel in Round 1 – women’s lightweight semifinal
- Larissa Pacheco def. Sarah Kaufman via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28) – women’s lightweight semifinal
- David Michaud def. John Howard via unanimous decision (20-18, 20-18, 20-18) – welterweight quarterfinal
- Magomed Magomedkerimov def. Chris Curtis via unanimous decision (20-17, 20-18, 20-18) – welterweight quarterfinal
Prelims Card (ESPN+)
- Glaico Franca def. Andre Fialho via majority decision (20-18, 20-18, 19-19) – welterweight quarterfinal
- Ray Cooper III def. Sadibou Sy via unanimous judges’ award (20-18, 19-19, 19-19) – welterweight quarterfinal
- Nikolay Aleksakhin def. Jesse Ronson via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 3:37
- Brendan Loughnane def. Matt Wagy via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)